When you’re thinking of the ultimate style icon of 2016 you’re probably thinking Olivia Culpo!
Olivia Culpo is the girl everyone wants to be friends with right now – having been Miss USA and Miss Universe 2012, it’s not too shocking to accept that Olivia’s physique has been front and centre this year with several amazing shoots including Esquire and Galore Mag. The Rhode Island native is now in the running to become the 2016 Sports Illustrated model and who could question it?!
Fresh from just appearing as a judge on Miss Universe 2015 (yes THAT one!) we got to talk with the gorgeous model. She’s got so much going on that it’s hard to keep up with her busy schedule between photoshoots, music videos and presenting!
If anybody knows how to build themselves a successful empire as a woman it’s Olivia Culpo, and it’s only just getting started!
See the full interview below:
1. You’ve had such amazing success in different aspects of your career, from being Miss USA & Miss Universe 2012, interviewing celebs like One Direction and being in several music videos. What’s next for you? What do you want to achieve in 2016?
I’m excited for whatever the future has to bring! I am excited about a few things I’m working on at the moment, but nothing I can go into too much detail about yet. Stay tuned!
2. You were recently in Dubai, what were some of the highlights of your trip? Did you get to do much exploring?
I loved the people so much! I also had a lot of fun checking out the local designers and what they’re working on. Its alway interesting to see how different cultures celebrate fashion.
3. We saw some great looks you created with Topshop for StyleCon! Why do you think fashion plays such a big part in your life?
I’ve always loved fashion and creating looks/outfits. For me it really is a creative outlet and type of self expression. I love putting looks together based on my mood or inspiration from the season, weather, current trends, past trends- really everything and anything.
4. Anyone who takes a look at your Instagram will quickly notice lots of fun party/event pictures with other celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, Miranda Kerr and more. Who in your opinion has stood out this year as a woman with their career?
I think Jessica Alba is a great example of someone who has been very successful in a variety of different areas. From acting to dance to business and even motherhood, she’s done so well! It’s amazing. I definitely look up to her.
5. You recently did a very sexy shoot with Esquire! How do you get yourself ready for such a fun shoot? It must be quite different from an editorial.
Every photoshoot is going to be different and I think the key is to be open- minded. I never really know exactly how the shoot is going to turn out but its always really fun to create a theme based on the ideas of everyone on set. It is very much a collaboration of everyones ideas and you never really know exactly how it will turn out. I love that.
6. You’re in the running to be the Sports Illustrated 2016 girl! Growing up that’s obviously one of the ultimate goals to reach as a model, what would be the best part of being a Sports Illustrated girl to you?
I admire the career of many women who have been in Sports Illustrated. Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and Cindy Crawford are a few examples. I think they’re looks are just a tiny part of what made them so successful. They are smart, hard working, and charismatic women. It would be so cool to be in the same magazine as them.
7. We once saw a video of you singing and you can definitely carry a tune! Ever thought of pursuing music?
I love music! I grew up playing the cello and both my parents are professional musicians. Music will always be a big part of my life.
8. What are some secret spots you like in NYC or LA you love to visit?
In NYC I love Carbone and Scalini Fedeli (I love Italian food). In LA I love going the Farmers Market! Theres nothing better than fresh produce and being outside in LA.
9. What do you like to do on your days off?
On my days off I usually like to cook or bake with friends. I’ve also been really into coloring lately! I know that sounds childish but its actually really fun and relaxing. My friends and I have “color and wine nights.” I suggest you try.
10. What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I come from a pretty big family. There are five kids and we’re all very close. I also don’t think people know I play the cello.
11. What are your key beauty tips to be looking camera ready in less than 20 minutes?
My number one trick is an eyelash curler! That makes a huge difference for me and takes no time at all. I would also use an eyebrow brush, concealer, tinted moisturizer, and lip pencil/lipstick.
12. You get photographed by the paparazzi and always look so stylish and slick! Does the pressure of the media ever get too much at times? Or have you been in this industry long enough to be fairly immune to it?
The media can absolutely be overwhelming at times. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or pressure from the media it’s usually because I’m over-reacting or just tired. My friends/family absolutely keep me grounded with a healthy attitude toward the pressure that can be created from the media. They always remind me that at the end of the day there are much more important things than how you look in a photo or what people decide to write about you.
13. We LOVE your eyebrows! Tell us the secret to get the classic Olivia Culpo eyebrow look!
I try not to over pluck my brows. I also don’t wax or thread. My favorite brow accessory is the Anastasia Brow Wiz. It’s great!
14. What does Paradise mean to you?
Great people, great weather, and great food. That sounds like paradise 🙂
© Toronto Paradise 2016. All Rights Reserved.