Texan model Kara Del Toro is about the most exotic looking American model you’ll ever find!
Kara Del Toro is turning heads in the fashion industry and beyond with a beach body to die for! She’s a fan of the beach, hiking and here’s the best part – she loves pizza! What’s not to love?!
Kara is rapidly becoming a star on Instagram, where followers can’t get enough of her Cali model lifestyle. She’s been featured by lads-mag titans FHM, the Fox Network and many other great outlets since getting signed to Elite Model Management LA.
Toronto Paradise caught up with Kara to find out how to get her beach body, her summer must have items and what she would be doing if she wasn’t a model!
See the full interview below:
1. You now live in Los Angeles, having being signed to Elite LA – where are you originally from?
I’m originally from a small town on the coast in Texas, the lifestyle where I’m from is very chill and laid back, LA is more fast paced, but I love it here.
2. As you have a great sense of style, we’d love to know who inspires you fashion wise?
More so than a specific person or brand I’m inspired by the 90’s, I love high wasted shorts and destroyed denim, I love flannels and lace up boots. I’m also a fan of designers such as Dolce and Gabanna because their designs are so feminine, I like to mix feminine and masculine, I like leather and lace. I’m inspired by other models and the fashionable women of LA, my tastes are constantly changing, but I like to keep it pretty simple and stay comfortable.
3. What are your top 3 must have items for this Summer?
A tiny bikini, my Chanel bronzer and my Murad spf face cream
4. If you weren’t a model, what would you be and why?
If you asked me this when I lived in Texas I would have told you that I wanted to be a high school teacher, I like helping people and I think that teachers have a great impact on kids growing up, but now that I live in LA, if I wasn’t a model I would love to do something else in fashion, I would love to have my own swim wear line.
5. In 2015, what would you say is the most difficult part about being a model?
The most difficult thing about being a model is being away from my family, sometimes that gets tough, I’m very close with my mom, but she visits me often so that’s good.
6. As a finalist for the Beach Bunny model search in 2014 – it looks as if you’ve been working more closely with them recently. Can you tell us more about your relationship with the brand? Any ad campaigns coming soon?
Yes, I love beach bunny swimwear, they are such a great and established brand, I just shot some new swimwear stuff with them last week that I’m really excited to see, it’s great to work with them because they are so well known and they only work with the best.
7. You were part of the now famous shoot with Colton Haynes for Harper’s Bazaar. How different is it to shoot with a celebrity as opposed another model?
I guess it depends who you’re working with, Colton Haynes was so easy to work with and so down to earth, I had a lot of fun at that shoot. Luckily most of my experiences with other models or celebrities on set have been great, I find if you treat everyone with an equal amount of respect, kindness and professionalism they usually do the same in return. We always end up goofing off on set anyways ;P
8. Many of your shoots featured on your social media are with photographer @victordt10 who happens to have shot some of the Guess campaigns with model Samantha Hoopes. Do you think that shooting with great photographers pushes you to be your best?
Of course! Victor is an amazing a photographer and he also happens to be my agent, so he is constantly pushing me to be my best, if anything isn’t working he lets me know right away and we try to figure out a way to fix it. I love shooting with him because he is so talented and we always get the most amazing pictures.
9. For any aspiring models out there, what advice would you give to get and maintain that amazing beach body? Do you have any particular diet tips or exercise activities that you love?
I go hiking at least 3 times a week, I also do yoga and meditation. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I do love pizza and chocolate. I just make sure to amp up my workouts after I indulge, you have to indulge every once in a while or you’ll go crazy, but a healthy well balanced diet is important, making sure you’re doing cardio at least 3 times a week and drinking lots of green tea, it boosts the metabolism.
10. You often do shoots at the beach and have done some in the desert. The locations seem perfect in the final photos, but is there ever any challenges associated with shooting in the wild? (slippery wet rocks on the beach, bad weather, stray scorpions etc)
It’s funny that you ask, my agent and I went to the dunes to shoot, we were really excited about it, but it’s not as fun as it looks. We drove 3 hours to get there, at one point we had to push my car through the sand, we hiked up and down these giant dunes to get to the shoot location with all of the wardrobe, makeup and camera equipment (its quite a workout). Once we got to the spot we wanted to shoot it was basically a sand storm, I mean it was almost impossible to keep your eyes open, they just kept watering from all the sand! We couldn’t shoot, so we left and went to chilis for fajitas and chocolate cake, we laugh about it now, but probably won’t be going back any time soon. As for the beach, I’ve been lucky, in LA the weather is nice so I really enjoy shooting at the beach.
11. Who’s on your iTunes playlist these days?
Oh god. I won’t let anyone listen to my playlist, I like rap and hip hop, I also like house music, I listen to a lot of remixes, I have everything from Drake and Kanye West to Calvin Harris and David Guetta to Bossa nova and meditations. I put on Spotify when in doubt.
12. What can we expect from you over the next year?
Modeling is such an unpredictable career, but I am very optimistic about the coming year, I want to continue moving toward my dreams and goals and hopefully achieve some major career growth, I love what I do, I love my job, I feel good about the year ahead
13. What is Paradise for Kara Del Toro?
Pizza and Netflix! Or a beautiful beach, you know, whatever 😛
© Toronto Paradise 2015. All Rights Reserved.